Sunday, December 8, 2013

You.com

For my final assignment for EDIM 514, I had to create a digital portfolio.  I chose to create a Google Site to present all of my material.  The reason that I chose this medium was because I was very familiar with it and because this is something that will grow with my professional development, I felt it was important to utilize a tool with which I was very comfortable.

My site has 6 subpages.  The landing page for the website is the "Welcome" page in which I give a brief description of who I am and what to expect within the website.  On the "Resume" page I created and embedded a Glogster that displays all of my education and employment experience in a timeline format.  I had also played around with Smore, but decided to go with Glogster because it seemed more impressionable.  For the "Selected Works" page, I created a list of all of the Wilkes classes that I have attended along with a an example of a work I created along with a long.  I also included links to my various blogs that correlate with each class.  In the "Online Presence" section, I listed links to my Twitter account, personal Blogger blog, and my teaching Google Site.  In "Favorite Links," I created a Symbaloo of many of the sites that I regularly or with which I have at least experimented.  Finally, in the "Contacts" page I incorporated an embedded email form along with a list of other ways to contact me through Twitter and Google +.  The one thing that I really wanted to do was embed my Twitter feed, but, because of the changes to iGoogle, there was no way to create one.  I've searched and experimented a lot, but could not seem to find a way to do it.

View my digital portfolio here.


No comments:

Post a Comment